Global Retailer Payment, Gift and Loyalty Cards
Global Retailer Payment, Gift and Loyalty Cards is a report, based on a comprehensive investigation covering over 6,000 major retail brands across 60 countries worldwide, about the provision of co-branded and private-label payment cards, gift cards and loyalty cards by major retailers around the world. Retailer participation in coalition loyalty schemes is also considered.
Eight regions covered, and the countries included in each, are as follows:
- Asia: China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam;
- Australasia: Australia, New Zealand;
- Eastern and South-Eastern Europe: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Greece, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine;
- Latin America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay;
- North America: Canada, the USA;
- Northern and Central Europe: Austria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland;
- South Africa: South Africa;
- Southern and Western Europe: Belgium, France, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, the UK.
In total, the research identifies close to 2,000 retailer payment cards, over 2,000 closed-loop gift cards, and over 3,500 proprietary retailer loyalty programs and coalition loyalty schemes, thereby providing a definitive global analysis of retailer co-branded, loyalty and private label programs
Moreover, the PartnerBASE™ database that accompanies the report details each of the many initiatives for retailer credit, deferred debit, debit and open-loop rechargeable prepaid cards traced by Finaccord, specifying the operating models used by retailers, the payment networks to which the cards are affiliated and the identity of the ultimate card issuers in each case.
Key findings from the executive summary include:
- of the payment card programs in evidence, 53.2% are based around the use of single external card issuers, with a further 6.7% using multiple external partners and 14.8% captive card-issuing entities, while 18.9% are reportedly managed by the retailers themselves, without support from a separate partner, either external or captive;
- across all retailer payment card schemes identified worldwide, Visa is used as an associated payment network brand slightly more frequently than MasterCard although, by number of programs, private-label schemes continue to outnumber both by quite a wide margin;
- with regards to loyalty programs, also included in Finaccord's research due to their importance as a platform for marketing payment cards, 55.7% of retail brands researched are involved in either a proprietary or coalition loyalty scheme, or in both;
- when segmented by region, retailer involvement in loyalty programs is most prevalent in Asia, where 66.7% of retail brands surveyed participate in one or more loyalty schemes, followed by Eastern and South-Eastern Europe (63.9%) and North America (61.2%).
For further information about this report, please click on the links at the top of this page for the table of contents and report prospectus or e-mail .
Equivalent foreign language titles:
Why not also look at?...