Global Retailer Online Payment Acceptance
Global Retailer Online Payment Acceptance is a report, based on a survey of over 6,000 prominent retail brands in 60 countries, about the online payment types that they accept for purchases made online by their customers. Means of online payment investigated are payment cards, online accounts, mobile payments, direct bank transfers and other means consisting mainly of payment on delivery (commonly referred to as 'COD' for 'cash on delivery') and payment upon receipt of invoice. Moreover, the PartnerBASE™ database that accompanies the report details the payment card brands, online account providers and mobile payment means accepted by retailers that offer online shopping, thereby offering clear evidence for the companies that are well-placed both in each country and across world as a whole.
Eight regions covered, and the countries included in each, are as follows:
- Asia: China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam;
- Australasia: Australia, New Zealand;
- Eastern and South-Eastern Europe: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Greece, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine;
- Latin America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay;
- North America: Canada, the USA;
- Northern and Central Europe: Austria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland;
- South Africa: South Africa;
- Southern and Western Europe: Belgium, France, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, the UK.
Key features of this report include:
- definitive coverage of the involvement in online payment acceptance of over 6,000 major retail brands in 60 countries worldwide, 55.0% of which have set up an online shopping facility;
- coverage of different payment card brands accepted online: which card brands are strong in which countries and with which retailers do they collaborate?
- identification of 67 online account providers in addition to PayPal: which operate in more than one territory and which offer significant competition to the market leader in particular countries?
- identification of over 40 mobile payment products that are accepted online: in which countries has this emerging payment means made the greatest headway?
- analysis of direct bank transfers, payment on delivery (COD) and other options (e.g. BPAY in Australia, 'Boleto Bancário' in Brazil) as online payment means: in which retailer categories are these most likely to be accepted for online payments?
For further information about this report, please click on the links at the top of this page for the table of contents and report prospectus or e-mail .
Equivalent foreign language titles:
Why not also look at?...